Friday, August 31, 2007

Do you believe in astrology ?

Whether I believe in astrology or not ?... I'll say I dont much.
I am not able to understand, how the directions or particular position of various stars in the solar system may affect our lives.... or how these self proclaimed predictioners can make predictions about our future n life, based on stars positions in our birth charts. And how they can assert that wid certain so called upayas , the position of stars can be changed. I really dont understand it. Thou wont lie, a couple of times in life, I myself went to the pandits n performed some upayas also. But truly, I could not fit that into my thought process. Well I think, We all have our insecurities, and these people take advantage of that and we do it beacause we do not see any harm, may be some monetary or time loss. If something bad happenes and you did not follow their advice then we start thinking may be there is some truth. No horoscopes, no pandits can tell about what lies ahead ??? Tell me, at one given time, at one place, many children take birth, the horoscopes for them wud be same with same position of different starts in different houses, Do they all share similar destiny? Nahin na !
I believe we come with a pre-destined life..... Kismet mein jo likha hai wahi hoga, na usse jyada, na usse kam, na waqt se pehle, na uske baad. There's that wise saying na - "Waqt se pehle aur kismet se jyada kabhi kisi ko nahi milta". There is a fixed time for everything, and how the things ll turn out, we can not predict... what we can do is best n sincere efforts on our part.
So I believe in faith, in destiny,in spirituality, in positivity...but in astrology n horoscopes, perhaps not !
Recently I read Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam's Autobiography. I quote few lines from there to share with all - "Quite honestly, I never really understood the reason behind the great importance attached by people to the faraway planets in our solar system. As an art, I have nothing against astrology, but if it seeks acceptance under the guise of science, I reject it. I do not know how the myths evoled about planets, star constellations and even satellites-that they can exercise power on human beings. The highly complicated calculations manipulated around the precise movements of celestial bodies, to derive highly subjective conclusions appear illogical to me". From- WINGS OF FIRE - An Autobiography - A P J Abdul Kalam, page 15.

Disclaimer - This is my thinking. I apologize if it hurts anyone's feelings. Different and even contradictory comments are welcome. To get to know different opinions is the purpose behind this post.

No comments: