Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Romancing With Life

Lately read my fav. evergreen Star DevAnand's autobiography "Romancing With Life". Liked these lines from the text, hence quoting here -

On his first journey to fulfil the dreams -
I was new to the sea. I had never seen it before. I suddenly felt my horizon broadening, I saw new vistas openingup before me, new resolutions emerging and speeding into my mind. From now onwards, my movements have to be as fast as the train that's taking me to my destination, I told myself, my spirits as high as my dreams I came with. My will as strong as my desire to achieve, and my determination as deep as the ocean I am heading for. A strnage force was being lit inside me, thrusting me forward.
While success was eluding-
I was always carefree and took everything in my stride, always waiting for that 'very special ray of sunshine'to fall upon me. That ray was still eluding me, and I was sure the game of hide-and-seek was taking so long because I was the best. I had only to wait for the right moment.

On the success of Guide -
Personally for me the most rewarding award was that I had dared to gamble on a bold subject and come away with accolades. When you are going into a territory hitherto unknown and obscure, away from the beated path, the world often laughs at you and ridicules you. But the moment you meet with success on the same offbeat path, the same world hails andcheers you. That's the way of the world; it is very fickle minded and is always on the side of the winner.

Nothing succeeds like success. Taking risks can at times be dangerous. but they are worth taking nevertheless, for without risks, there can be no extraordinary achievement.

No comments: